Today, and Yesterday
4/02/2011 | Author:
I really wanted to finish the mowing; and guess when the one day that the mower decides to act up is?
Yup, today.

I got a little bit done, but now it's sputtering and gagging and pulling at the reins, so it's sitting in time-out on the hillside until Dad gets home and is able to look at it. In the meanwhile, Mom helped me clean the Big Coop, and it looks better now.
Yesterday Quinn and me got the Duck House and the Bantam Coop all cleaned out, and put all the baby chicks/ducklings in the Bantam Coop; the goats spent the night in the Duck House, and the chickens from the Bantam Coop stayed in the other coop instead. It all worked very well, and I also moved the game-chicks from my bedroom out into the Bantam Coop---they were way over-due to be outside, and were driving me insane.

Speaking of chicks---one of the polish bantam eggs from the Auction is wiggling today! A Survivor egg, I'm hoping it'll hatch. All the Auction eggs are due tomorrow, and have been in lock-down.
Last time I candled the Survivor eggs they seemed to have developed half-way. Something's up with their air-sacs, broken perhaps, though I'm not sure. I'm thinking I may still get one or two chicks...so am hoping for the best.

Now, here's some pictures I took after my Mom was done using the macro lens this afternoon. :)










~
|
This entry was posted on 4/02/2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.