BBS Orpingtons
3/16/2011 | Author:
So, I ordered eight BBS (as in, blue, black, splash: BBS Theory) Orpington hatching eggs today---standard size, though apparently they do have bantams these days, from what I can tell.

The breeder seems very nice, I found her over BYC (BackYardChickens,) and she works with mostly Orpington chickens, and has both large fowl, and bantams. I'm getting eight eggs from her for $25 dollars, including shipping, which replaces my lose of eggs yesterday very nicely. They are lovely-looking chickens: below is a picture of her breeding stock: (does not belong to me!)

All three BBS colors are shown, aren't they pretty? I believe they are show-quality birds---these are no hatchery chickens. The breeder says she'll ship them out today---and so I should get them by Friday.
~
|
This entry was posted on 3/16/2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.