Thunder.
12/21/2009 | Author:
It's been a long time since I posted pictures of Cottontail's chicks.
This is Thunder. The youngest of the small clutch.
I brought this little baby inside because she was limping: badly.
I looked at her leg; she seems to have been stepped on by one of my goats.
(Very cute!)
(Awwwwwwww!)
The skin has been torn, right above the joint. She won't put any weight on it.
I haven't figured out if it is broken yet. But I'm keeping her inside. She has a little cage in my room now. And besides: she's just a baby!

I'll probably keep her in until she can walk really well. I don't want to give a hawk any chance to pick her off. Especially at this time. A hawk around here will take anything he/she can get!

Thunder is a real good little chick. I'm hoping it's a girl... though her tail feathers and little comb suggest that she is a male....
This entry was posted on 12/21/2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.